My baby girl is two weeks old today! I can hardly believe it. It seems like she has been born for much longer then that but at the same time I cant believe how quickly these past two weeks have gone.
I thought I would share how my little Julie is doing and some of the changes I have seen in her.
Julie is SUCH a good baby.
We have gotten a lot better at breast feeding, although, Julie still does this funny thing where ill be stroking her cheek to try and get her latched on and she will start rooting in the opposite direction. It's pretty funny.
Julie still prefers to be swaddled or held close. She does not like diaper changes, changing cloths or anything that would require her to be free. I think that open feeling scares her, pore baby. Although, last night I changed her diaper and she hardly cried. I was so proud of my girl!
Julie's hair has grown seance she has been born. Fred and I were afraid that her beautiful white/blond hair would fall out like most new borns but it seems to be growing and staying. I am so, SO happy about this.
Julie's eyelashes have filled out and are easy to see now. (unforchanitly they are so fine and white/blond that I can't really get a good picture for you) but trust me when I say that they are beautiful!
Julie's Jaundice has all but cleared up and I think she is putting on a little weight. 8)
Julie's ears are filling out, they were kind of squished when she was born.
I think Julie's eyes are going to be blue like Tommy's. Fred thinks she may have green eyes but who knows? It is fun to guess though.
Most of the time julie is sleeping well, we do have our nights though. It is really nice that I can sleep when she sleeps, even though it typically means that I get up for the day at 10:00am or 11:00am. but I think I usually get around 5 to 7 hours of sleep a night, which is not bad at all.
That is all I can think of at the moment. Julie has her two week Dr appointment today and is going to have to get her PKU test done (pore baby) that is where they prick her heal, get a blood sample and test her for all sorts of things.
Ill let you know how much she weighs and all that jazz in my next post. but for now, PICTURES!!
Check out that cheek action going on there, they are SO chubby!
I love it when Julie opeens her eyes!
Oh big yawn.
This is one of the hats I made, I think Julie makes it look great don't you?
SO CUTE!!!
There are those eyes again, LOVE it.
This is one of my favorite pictures. Julie and Fred look so much alike in this picture I think.
.
Julie in the dress I made for her.
All snuggled up and sleepin'. I sure love that girl!
















She looks like a doll in that hat you made. So precious.
ReplyDelete