I hope you dont mind all the detail, this is kind of my Journal entry 8) you can feel free to skim through if you want. 8)
Wednesday I had my midwife appointment, I was looking forward to it because I had been experiencing a lot of pressure on my cervix and random but strong pressure waves (contractions). It turns out I was about 4cm dilated and 90% effaced. I was 80% effaced and about 4 cm dilated the previous week.
I was so ready for my Julie to come, I had been feeling very waterlogged and was having a lot of hart burn, plus I was really excited to meet my baby girl. I was hoping for more progress at my appointment but was glad that I was at least moving forward.
That night Fred went to a good bye party for our friends Audrey and Keven who are moving.
I stayed home, took a bath and watched a movie. Around 9:30 I texted Fred letting him know that I had had two pritty intense pressure waves about 15 min apart.
Fred then decided to come back home and be with me "just in case". He got home around 10 and we spent the rest of the evening together watching the rest of my movie and some other internet videos.
I decided to head to bead around 11:00 or 11:30. I had not had any pressure waves other then the two I mentioned so I thought nothing was going to be happening that night.
At around 1:30 I was woken up by a rather intense pressure wave that lasted a few minutes. I waited until it was over, got up and used the bathroom then went back to sleep. I didn't think any thing of it because this had happend quite a few times in the past week.
Then around 4:30 I was woken up by another intense pressure wave, I got up to go use the bathroom then suddenly my water broke.
After I cleaned up, I went over to Fred who had been sleeping through all of this, and woke him up by asking him if he wanted to have a baby today. He sleepily replied sure, why? then I told him that my water had broken. That really perked him up. 8)
It was pretty cute watching him hurry around collecting last minute things as I sat on our bead as pressure waved came and went. I thought I would be able to stay home for a while then head up to the hospital but after discovering that my pressure waves were coming about every 3 to 2 minutes Fred insisted that we go and I'm glad he did. 8)
We arrived at the hospital at around 5:00am. were admitted and really got into the swing of things. I dont remember much of what was going on around me you will have to ask Fred about that but around an hour latter at 6:08 am Julie was born!!!!
She and I did such a great job! We thought she was born bald at first because of all of the white stuff ( I cant remember names of things at the moment) that covered her body but then we discovered that she actually had blond/white hair! a little on top and long locks in the back. she has the prettiest little mullet you ever did see.
After Julie and my placenta were born I was given a shot of patosin and then an IV of it for a bit to much bleeding. That seemed to help a lot and after a while I decided to get cleaned up. I gave Julie to Fred and the nurse helped me into the shower. after I was done the nurse helped me get dried off. I think it was a combination of loosing a little to much blood and the hot stem in the bathroom because I passed out. then passed out again. It scared Fred but I thought it was nice, It was amazing how rested I felt after words.
I then rested, ate some food, fead Julie and watched her get her first bath then around 2:30 that afternoon we were moved into the mother baby unit.
Things have been great sense then, we had some great visitors at the hospital and on Saturday we brought our baby girl home!
We are doing great, Julie is a good eater and sleeper, she has a bit of Jaundice but we have gotten that taken care of hopefully. we well see at her Dr appointment today.
And here are some pictures of our beautiful girl.
Julie sucken her thumb 8)
Right after her bath, look at how rosy she looks now.
Just look at all that hair!
The nurse gave us this sweet hat, I think Julie makes it look good.
And here we are all ready to go home!
I LOVE it when Julie wakes up! I just love her eyes.
And here is Julie sporting one of the hats I made her. she looks like a little sheep.
My sweet girl 4 days old.

















Awww... hello little Julie! I am looking forward to meeting you!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful Nita! She is beautiful! Congrats to you, Fred, and big brother Tommy. I am sure he was happy to see you and Julie together from heaven. Now all you have to do is add her to your bar on the right and she is fully inducted into the eaton blog. Have fun with her.
ReplyDeletecute stuff. I can see some of the mommy in her.
ReplyDeleteShe looks like an Eaton, congratulations again! I'm glad you both are doing well.
ReplyDeleteOh, she is *so* beautiful! I am so happy for you both. Give her lots of kisses from Aunt Jenny!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Thanks for posting this. I love birthing stories. And only an hour in the hospital before delivery? Lucky you! Oh I cannot wait to hold her this summer. She definitely looks like Bug but I can see lots of you in her too. Congratulations you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh she is so so so so cute!! That's scary about passing out-but glad to hear you're feeling lots better! Congrats you guys!! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable!! You guys look so happy.
ReplyDeleteWe are super happy, thanks every one!
ReplyDelete